CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CHANGE!

So I went to get an oil change today... The guy who owns the shop knows my mom, but that's really besides the point. The last time I went to get my oil change I invited him to Saddleback Church's Easter service. I have no idea if he went but I invited him. Both last time and this time I've talked with him about my faith and Christians and religion and war, etc.... There was something that he said that made me so sad and reminded me that that's what the world must think. OH! I remember! It was something along the lines of "Look at history. Nothing has changed and it won't change. There's nothing that you can do to change the world." or something along that nature. I told him that I believe that it can change with LOVE.

It's strange how we got on the topic to begin with. I was reading The Irresistible Revolution and he asked me if I was reading my bible. I told him no and showed him the book I was reading. He asked me what it was about and I told him that it's about this guy who followed Jesus and it messed up his life and that's how our conversation got started.

Anyways, as I was leaving he asked me to let him know how the story ends. I'm getting him a copy of The Irresistible Revolution for him to read himself.

I love how God does that. I prayed this morning that God would rearrange my schedule and he did. I was planning on getting an oil change but I certainly wasn't planning on staying for a good half hour to talk to this guy. Thanks God.

tunes: Open Wide.Future of Forestry

0 comments: